Repair Services and Rates:
Guitars - Music Emporium is Central PA's full service Guitar Repair Center! Our experienced technicians will be able to diagnose and repair nearly any problem your guitar may have. Drop your axe off any time for a simple string change or dress it up with some new knobs and switches. Or consult with our head technician - Mike "Z" - for more complicated repairs - even a complete rebuild! Music Emporium is an Authorized Service Center for Fender Guitars and Amps, and our techs can work on almost any brand or model you may have. Check out some of our guitar rates below! (Rates are for service only and do not include parts, unless noted otherwise.)
Maintenance: (Minimum Bench Charge is $15.00)
Fretwork: (Minimum Bench Charge is $15.00)
- Restring - $10.00 plus strings
- Full Set Up - $35.00 (Add $10.00 for 12 string or locking tremelo)
- Custom Fitted Bone Nut - $45.00 (Add $15.00 for 12 string)
- Install Pre-Slotted Plastic Nut - $25.00
- Custom Fitted Saddle - $45.00 plus set up
- Install Tuning Machines - $25.00 and up
Wiring: (Minimum Bench Charge is $15.00)
- Fret Dressing - $65.00 plus set up
- Partial Refret - $65- $120 plus set up
- Complete Refret - From $160, plus set up
- (Neck with binding add $50.00; Re-spray lacquered fingerboard add $50.00)
- Refret Bass - $125.00 plus set up
Refinishing: (Minimum Bench Charge is $15.00)
- Replacing Worn or Damaged Components - $25.00 and up
- Electric Pickup Installation - $15.00 per pickup
- Acoustic Pickup Installation - $55.00 - $75.00
- Complete Rewiring - From $75.00
- Pickup Potting - $25.00 per pickup
- Trouble Shooting - Minimum estimate $20 plus parts
Guitar Amplifiers & Processors -
Our Electronics Repair Tech - Jeff Mountain - will be sure to find and fix any problem your amp may be giving you! Certified by Fender, he can get any amp back on the road, whether it's a new input jack or a new speaker. Stop by for an estimate!
- Touchups - Impossible to generalize but are usually $50.00 and up
- High gloss finish to neck only - $150-$225
- High gloss finish to Fender style body - $175-$250
- High gloss finish - Entire guitar - $225-$350
- Stripping and prepping for finish - $90-$125
- Satin finishes - Generally 50% of High gloss charges
- Oil finishes - $50.00 to $100.00
Drums & Percussion - Our Drum Tech is here for service and repairs! We offer a number of services - including cymbal cleaning, tuning and set up, hardware repair - plus we are certified by Yamaha to fix your electronic kits!
Keys & Organs -
Jeff Mountain is able offer electronic services for most keyboards and digital pianos. We have experience with Yamaha, Roland, Korg, Kawai, and more! The Music Emporium is also Central PA's only authorized service provider for Allen Organs - offering service to nearly any digital organ. If your church is in need of work for you pipe organ - we can do that too! See our A/V Installations page for more details.
PA Gear - We can service most any PA equipment that's making you pull your hair out! We replace speakers, fix consoles, rewire, and even repair your wireless microphone systems. Our A/V Service Techs have years of experience, and we will do a house call if you need us to! Full A/V installations our specialty - with hundreds of installed systems in central Pennsylvania and equipment from the best manufacturers, we will confidently provide you with a complete system built to meet your needs. Check out our A/V Installations page to learn more!
Brass, Woodwind, & Strings - Mark Chaplin is central PA's most renowned instrument repair man - and he's here to solve all your problems! (Well, at least your instrument's problems.) From flute to trombone to violin, Mark will have you playing again in no time at all! Just drop your instrument off at our store - Mark is by every Saturday and will have most repairs back in one week.
Extra! Extra! Read All About 'Em! - Check back soon - we'll have fun facts and funny pictures of all our techs for your enjoyment!