- The Music Emporium is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. Our website utilizes the latest technologies from leading manufacturers to ensure personal data is kept out of the wrong hands. Please read below for more on how we use your information and what we do to keep it safe.
Use of Information
- When you visit our website, we collect a variety of information about you:
- Here's how we keep your information safe:
- Our website software tracks general (non-personal) information any time you visit. This may include computer information such as your IP address or ISP, which pages were viewed, or geographical information. This data is never linked to your personal information such as name, address, payment info, email, etc.
- When you register with our website, we collect personal data such as name, address, phone number, and email address. Some data is stored in 'cookies.' This information is used to help process orders and contact you, should this be necessary.
- When you sign up for our newsletter or to receive special offers, we may use your email address or mailing address to send this information to you.
- We may, from time to time, use information collected on this website for other purposes related to website operation and customer interaction. Use of information may include, but is not limited to, tracking efficiency of marketing, receiving feedback about products, or solving operational issues with our website.
- Any time personal data is input or transferred on our website, we use a secure, encrypted transmission method. Our entire site is protected by SSL Encryption provided by Thawte. Look for the lock symbol in your browser (or colored url's in newer browsers) to indicate you are transferring data securely. You may also click the link available on the bottom of every page, to verify our security certificate.
- Payments processed through Google Checkout or PayPal are processed on their respective sites, and each site uses its own security measures to protect your data. When using one of these payment methods, you agree to be bound by the respective company's policies and conditions.
- We never sell or transfer your private data to any third parties, except as necessary for order processing. In other words, don't expect to get emails from Harold's Hot Dog Stand when you buy a guitar from us!
- Outside Links - Our website 'links' to many websites which are not owned or operated by the Music Emporium. When you leave our website and visit another website, we are not responsible for the content of those websites or information that is collected. Please view the policies of other websites for relative information.
- While our site is kid and family friendly, we do not recommend that children under 18 years of age be allowed to enter any personal information or make purchases on our site without the approval of a parent or legal guardian.